About this workout: These total-body programs are designed to help you build strength as a runner at the gym. There are two tracks to follow for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Duration: 4 weeks
Schedule: 2x/week. Sessions can be performed before or after a run
Equipment needed: (some equipment not needed for certain levels)
- Pulley/cable machine
- Horizontal cable machine
- Lat pulldown machine
- Pull-up bar
- Trap bar
- Squat rack
- Optional: exercise mat, PVC pipe or stick
- Reps: 8-12 per exercise (choose weight/intensity that makes it challenging to complete the last few reps of the exercise)
- Sets: 2-4
- Progression: You can perform the workout as a circuit (performing only one set, then moving on to the next exercise) or complete all sets before moving on to the next exercise. Supersets (performing two exercises in a row, then resting) are also encouraged.
- Rest: We recommend resting for 30 seconds between each exercise, or for however long you need
- Modifications: Click on the "notes" icon for each exercise for modifications to make the exercise easier or more difficult. You can also email us at email@example.com for more ideas